My husband has a major sweet tooth and has always had an affinity for Chocolate Chip Cookies made with pudding. The pudding makes the cookies softer which makes him happier. Since we started Weight Watchers we haven’t done much baking, mainly because we thought it would be too many points. Our favorite cookie recipe was 5 weight watchers points for a single cookie, and that wasn’t going to cut it.Last weekend we set out to create a One Point Chocolate Chip Cookie that was also low in calories.
We were rather nervous about how these would turn out, baking is more of a science than traditional cooking. It’s a lot harder to make healthy substitutions when baking.
Note in the pictures the texture before we added the dry ingredients, it was unlike anything I’d ever seen before. At this point I was certain the cookies were going to be throw aways. But I was pleasantly surprised, we successfully made over chocolate chip cookies to create a One Point Chocolate Chip Cookie bite.
- 1 Cup of Smart Balance Light
- 1/4 Cup of Splenda
- 3/4 Cup of Splenda Brown
- 1/2 Cup of Better'N Eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 Package of Fat-Free Sugar-Free Jello Pudding
- 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips (we used minis)
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and pudding mix together in medium bowl, set aside.
- Using your mixer, combine together Smart Balance, Splenda brown, and Splenda. Stir in the Better'N Eggs and vanilla. This texture may appear very unusual to you, if it seems off look at the photo above and don't be too alarmed.
- Blend in the flour mixture, the dough will now become a normal consistency. Finally, add in the chocolate chips until well mixed.
- Scoop 1/2 oz into a mini muffin tin (that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray) to create One Point Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites. If you don't have a mini muffin pan you can use a regular baking sheet. However, don't be surprised if the cookies dont' flatten out like a traditional cookie.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven before the tops begin to brown.