When serving our Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches we love to add our No Mayo Coleslaw. Our take on Coleslaw is a crunchy, tangy and healthy alternative to a Traditional Coleslaw featuring mayonnaise. The best thing about Coleslaw is that it makes eating a Pulled Pork sandwich so much neater by keeping the bun from getting soggy.
When making our No Mayo Coleslaw this go around we admittedly took a short cut by buying pre-shredded cabbage. Our grocery store sold a precut kit that included cabbage, radish, and carrots. If yours doesn’t offer this option or you’d prefer to make it on your own, I suggest you check out Serious Eats to see the best way to cut cabbage for coleslaw.
Coleslaw is typically creamy but is made with mayonnaise, which is high in fat. We removed the mayo to lighten up this summer staple.
- 2 tbs of Spicy Mustard
- 2 tbs of Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 6 Cups of Shredded Cabbage or Coleslaw Mix
- Make a dressing by whisking together the mustard, vinegar, minced garlic and olive oil. Add to this mixture salt and pepper based on your preference.
- Pour dressing over top of cabbage or cole slaw mix and mix together using your hands. You may find that folding the coleslaw is the best approach.
- You can serve right away but you may find that letting the flavors meld overnight enhances the flavor.