When serving Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches this No Mayo Coleslaw Recipe is a perfect addition. This take on Coleslaw is a crunchy, tangy and healthy alternative to a Traditional Coleslaw featuring mayonnaise. The best thing about Coleslaw is that it makes eating a Pulled Pork sandwich so much neater by keeping the bun from getting soggy.
When making this No Mayo Coleslaw this go around I took a short cut by buying pre-shredded cabbage. Our grocery store sold a precut kit that included cabbage, radish, and carrots. If yours doesn’t offer this option or you’d prefer to make it on your own, I suggest you check out Serious Eats to see the best way to cut cabbage for coleslaw.
No Mayo Coleslaw is also a great side dish at a summer barbecue.
Made Over Coleslaw – No Mayo
Coleslaw is typically creamy but is made with mayonnaise, which is high in fat. We removed the mayo to lighten up this summer staple.
Cook Time15 mins
- 2 tbs of Spicy Mustard
- 2 tbs of Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 6 Cups of Shredded Cabbage or Coleslaw Mix
- Make a dressing by whisking together the mustard, vinegar, minced garlic and olive oil. Add to this mixture salt and pepper based on your preference.
- Pour dressing over top of cabbage or cole slaw mix and mix together using your hands. You may find that folding the coleslaw is the best approach.
- You can serve right away but you may find that letting the flavors meld overnight enhances the flavor.
One Reply to “No Mayo Coleslaw Recipe”
[…] and be sure to check back for part 2 where we show you how to enhance the BBQ pulled pork with a no-mayo coleslaw that perfectly compliments this southern […]