Last spring I was at my friend Tara’s house who is also on the Weight Watchers plan. She made an awesome Taco Salad by using ground chicken. Last week I was trying to come up with a quick dinner after work and made a ground chicken taco salad inspired by her recipe.
A traditional recipe for Taco Salad usually calls for ground beef, copious amounts of cheese, an entire bag of tortilla chips, and full fat salad dressing. It was easy to lighten up this comfort food to reduce the calories from 640 calories to 240 calories. Ground Chicken Taco Salad is a quick meal that you can throw together in less than 30 minutes and easily be reheated the next day. If you are looking for easy Weight Watchers lunches this easily fits the bill.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 onion
- 4 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Chipotle Queso
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 can of Navy Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 handfuls of Cilantro
- 12 cups of Arugula
- 3 oz of Tortilla Chips, I used Simply Natural Tostitos
- 1/2 cup of fat free Catalina dressing
- Add chicken and onion to skillet and heat over medium heat until cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked through add in navy beans and cilantro.
- Mix in Catalina Dressing and Laughing Cow Wedges.
- Create Salad using Arugula, Tomatoes, and Tortilla Chips then add chicken mixture over top.