I love recipes that make meal planning, especially lunch, a breeze. When I don’t have a plan for lunch I default to Seamless after I realize that I’m hungry and typically don’t make the best decisions. A quick look at my recent orders will include Sushi, Avocado Toast, and who knows what else.
These Skinny Chicken Parm Mini Meatloaves are one of my favorite “muffin tin recipes”. They pair perfectly with a small arugula salad for a filling lunch that’s under 300 calories. It’s easy to put together the a batch of Skinny Chicken Parm Meatloaves on a Sunday night and have your lunch set for the week. The muffin tin makes measuring portions and putting together your lunchbox a breeze.
You could easily pair Skinny Chicken Parm Mini Meatloaves with zoodles or a whole wheat pasta for a more traditional Italian style dinner. They are a great dinner option for a family or a two night dinner for couples eating in.
- 1 lb 99% Lean Ground Chicken Breast
- 1 large, Egg
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1 teaspoon, Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon, red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp, Basil finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Reggiano, grated
- 3/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Finely chop Onion, Garlic, Basil and Red Pepper
- Add ground chicken, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, red bell pepper, onion, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, basil and grated Parmesan cheese to a large mixing bowl.
- Using clean hands mix ingredients together.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into each muffin tin.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce on each mini meatloaf
- Bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through
- Remove from the oven, top each mini meatloaf with mozzarella cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted ~3-5 minutes.
- If serving right away, allow 5 minutes for mini meatloaves to cool before removing from muffin tin.
When you remove the muffin tin from the muffin there may be some water in the muffin tin from the onions and chicken. This is normal.