We both work long hours at work and usually don’t get home until around 8pm. Sometimes, after a long day the last thing that we want to do is make dinner and it’s easy to start thinking about ordering in. If you are anything like us you usually default to one of two things – Pizza or Chinese takeout. Both of these options can be unhealthy either loaded with cheese or oils. The next time that you need a quick and easy one pot meal you should try making a delicious Beef Tenderloin and Broccoli Stir Fry. It’s healthier than the Beef and Broccoli you’ll find at Chinese Restaurants, plus it will take less time than the delivery man.
We used beef tenderloin in our take on the dish. Beef tenderloin is one of the USDA’s 29 cuts of lean beef. If you are following the Weight Watcher’s plan trimmed tenderloin is 4 points for a 3 oz serving. By not using cornstarch or the oils found in traditional restaurant recipes we were able to reduce the calories and points in this favorite dish.
This Beef Tenderloin and Broccoli Stir Fry would be great with Cauliflower Rice (see how it make it here). We served it this time with bulgar. Bulgar is a healthy rice substitute that is a good source of nutrients like fiber, protein, iron, and vitamin B. Compared to white rice it has fewer calories and double the fiber.
Delicious Beef Tenderloin and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 lb of Beef Tenderloin trimmed
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 1 Can of Water-chestnuts drained
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar splenda
- 1 T Sesame Oil
- 3/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- Trim excess fat off Beef Tenderloin.
- Slice trimmed tenderloin into strips, going against the grain and then set aside.
- Mince garlic and chop onion, broccoli, and peppers.
- Place onion and garlic into large skillet with high edges. Let cook on medium heat until onions are translucent then add remaining vegetables.
- While vegetables are cooking, mix together splenda, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Once vegetables are cooked through - broccoli and pepers will be soft - add tenderloin and sauce mixture to pan.
- Cook until tenderloin strips are no longer pink on side.
- Serve immediately over rice or rice alternative of your choice.